Mrs. Coleman celebrates 100 years of life Tuesday! | Events
The Activities Director at Whispering Pines Lodge in Longview, LeAndria Starr, says the staff at the lodge celebrated a milestone with one of their residents today: a 100th birthday!
Irene Coleman turned 100 today, and a big birthday party was held in her honor at 2:00. As you can see from the pictures here, Irene is well-loved and had a lovely time at her party.
Mrs. Coleman said she was born and raised in the Hallsville/Longview area..She has four children and numerous grandchildren and great-grandchildren; she even has some great-great- grandchildren!
She is very involved in activities at Whispering Pines, including bingo, and she loves to go to church services and social events.
When asked what it feels like to be 100 years old, she said, "It feels the same as any other day and I am just glad to make this long and can still talk!"
Irene doesn't claim to have any secrets to a long life; she says she just exercised and took her vitamins every day. The staff at the lodge says they are blessed by Mrs. Coleman every day.
Happy birthday, Mrs. Coleman!
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ranger cheerleader tryouts moved to Dec. 13 due to possible inclement weather
- E. Texas woman dead, two men injured after Kilgore crash
- College offices will be closed Nov. 27-29 for Thanksgiving holiday
- Teen dead, another critically injured after wreck
- Kilgore fire department to take over operation of golf course