Recipes: It's National Lasagna Day | Home & Garden
Here are a few recipes we've shared for variations on lasagna since July is National Lasagna Awareness Month. Yes, a whole month of being aware of lasagna.
Today, July 29, is National Lasagna Day. I guess that means we don't have to just stand around being aware of lasagna, but can actually eat it today?
Good. Here are some ways to enjoy it:
Three Cheese Sausage Lasagna
(Submitted by J.R.)
Ingredients and directions:
- Brown and drain 2 lbs. Italian Bulk Sausage
- Cook and drain 9 Lasagna noodles
- In another saucepan, cook the following ingredients over low heat. Cook until thick, stirring frequently:
- 6 tablespoons butter (no substitute)
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 packages provolone slices
- 1 large bag of shredded mozzarella.
- 1/2 cup grated romano cheese
- In a lightly greased 13 X 9 pan layer 1/4th of the sauce. Top with 3 lasagna noodles. Add 1/2 of the sausage. Layer Provolone on top of sausage, then add shredded cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle w/Romano cheese and bake at 350 for 30-35 min.
- Let stand 15 min. before cutting.
Super Easy Lasagna
(Recipe from Amber Bridges)
1 box lasagna noodles
1 lb ground beef
1 jar of favorite pasta sauce
1 package of shredded mozzarella. cheese
1 large container ricotta cheese
Salt noodles and beef to taste
Following the cooking directions on lasagna box. Drain and let cool. Brown the ground
beef. Add pasta sauce (no need to heat the sauce). In a greased baking dish layer the
ingredients in this order, noodles, meat sauce, ricotta cheese, mozzarella, and so on for the
perfectly easy never failed to please them Lasagna.
Twice Baked Potato Lasagna
(Recipe shared by Trayce Campbell)
4-6 medium sized white potatoes, baked
2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked & diced
1 cup sour cream
1 lb cooked bacon (optional)
2 cups steamed broccoli
2-4 types of shredded cheeses (your choice)
2 cups melted butter
dash of salt and pepper
8x11" nonstick pan
Remove fluff from potatoes and season. Begin w/chicken as bottom layer. Alternate the remaining ingredients ending with cheese as top layer. Drizzle on butter. Cover and bake at 365 degrees for 20 minutes.
Serve with garden salad and garlic biscuits
Submit your own recipes to be featured on our sites to MamaSteph@kltv.com.
Copyright 2013 KLTV. All rights reserved.