Suspects plead in Gammage murder hearing | News
LONGVIEW, TX (KLTV)- Today was the first time family members of an East Texas man who was murdered last year came face-to-face with any of the suspects.
Sarah Haslam and Andrew Norwine each entered not guilty pleas today in a pre-trial hearing in Upshur County court. Both are charged with capital murder in the death of Ronnie Gammage. Gammage's body was found back in December in Upshur County, just days after he was reported missing. Investigators say the suspects lured Gammage into a car, took him to a construction site, beat him, cut his throat, then poured gasoline on his body and set him on fire.
"The pain is every day, the loss is every day I don't even like to leave my house. I'm thinking he's going to come home or he's going to call me. It effects me and my family, it's taken something away from us that can never be replaced. My family will never be the same," says Ronnie's mother, Frankie Gammage.
The judge in the case is filing an order to determine the trial date for the defendants. The third suspect, Daniel Jones, waived his pre-trial hearing.
Copyright 2013 KLTV. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ranger cheerleader tryouts moved to Dec. 13 due to possible inclement weather
- E. Texas woman dead, two men injured after Kilgore crash
- College offices will be closed Nov. 27-29 for Thanksgiving holiday
- Teen dead, another critically injured after wreck
- Kilgore fire department to take over operation of golf course