Police: Major drug bust made in motel parking lot | News
LONGVIEW, TX (KLTV)- East Texas police made a $10,000 drug bust on Tuesday after a speeding driver evaded arrest and attempted to ditch his vehicle at a motel.
According to the Gregg County Sheriff's Office, 31-year-old Sherman Lamont Edwards, of Dallas, was arrested after police located 120 grams of methamphetamine in his vehicle.
Around 12 p.m., Deputy Tracy Freeman observed a speeding car traveling eastbound on Interstate 20 near Longview. The deputy activated his emergency lights in an attempt to stop the 2003 black Cadillac. Edwards, the vehicle's driver, attempted to evade the officer by exiting off of I-20 onto Estes Parkway. Edwards then drove around to the back of a motel where the deputy located his vehicle.
After arresting Edwards, Deputy Freeman located a plastic bag containing 120 grams of methamphetamine with a street value of over $10,000.
Edwards was taken to Gregg County Jail and will face one charge of manufacture and delivery of a controlled substance. His bond has not been set at this time.
Copyright 2013 KLTV. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ranger cheerleader tryouts moved to Dec. 13 due to possible inclement weather
- E. Texas woman dead, two men injured after Kilgore crash
- College offices will be closed Nov. 27-29 for Thanksgiving holiday
- Teen dead, another critically injured after wreck
- Kilgore fire department to take over operation of golf course