17 arrested in East Texas meth investigation | News
MARSHALL, TX (KLTV)- A lengthy methamphetamine investigation netted 17 arrests in Harrison and Marion Counties.
Early Tuesday morning, a task force of federal, state and local law enforcement agencies executed federal arrest warrants.
Each defendant is charged in a conspiracy to purchase cold pills with pseudoephedrine in order to manufacture meth in and around the Karnack, Marshall, and northwest Louisiana area.
Court documents indicate the defendants' involvement in a conspiracy to manufacture more than 50 grams of meth since 2008.
Last Wednesday, a federal grand jury returned an 839-count indictment charging all 17 defendants.
Each defendant is charged with a count of possession of pseudoephedrine with intent to manufacture methamphetamine for each alleged purchase of the cold drug.
If convicted of the conspiracy charge, the U.S. Attorney's Office says each defendant faces a minimum of 10 years with a max of life in prison. The possession charge carries the potential of an additional 20 years in federal prison.
The following were arrested and indicted in these crimes on Tuesday:
- David Lynn Sirmans, 55, of Karnack, TX
- Christine Francis Sirmans, 44, of Karnack, TX
- Peggy Ann Davis, 39, of Lone Star, TX
- Debra Perry Robinson, 48, of Karnack, TX
- Wanda Guthrie Apple, 67, of Karnack, TX
- Mindy Gail Tims, 33, of Longview, TX
- Adrian Demond Noel, 29, of Jefferson, TX
- Gregory Scott Covey, 40, of Karnack, TX
- Tammy Rene Price, 46, of Karnack, TX
- Ronald Dean Wisdom, 64, of Karnack, TX
- Dennis James Perry, 47, of Karnack, TX
- Anna Lerey Woodall, 22, of Emory, TX
- Tracy Renee Hampton, 44, of Jefferson, TX
- Chelsey Lynn Jones, 24, of Jefferson, TX
- Marcy Sanders, 39, of Mooringsport, LA
- Shonda Michelle Jones, 33, of Karnack, TX
- Jessica Nicole Bickham, 28, of Marshall, TX
Copyright 2012 KLTV. All rights reserved.