Four families lose home in Gregg Co. fire | News
LONGVIEW, TX (KLTV)- Longview Fire Department is responding to a blaze on Melton Street in Longview.
The structure is a multi-family dwelling. The Fire Marshal stated that the fire was started by "improvised heating." A family was reportedly using a stove to heat their apartment, he said.
No one was injured. However, four families have been displaced and the Red Cross has been contacted to assist them.
Copyright 2012 KLTV. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ranger cheerleader tryouts moved to Dec. 13 due to possible inclement weather
- E. Texas woman dead, two men injured after Kilgore crash
- College offices will be closed Nov. 27-29 for Thanksgiving holiday
- Teen dead, another critically injured after wreck
- Kilgore fire department to take over operation of golf course