Fire marshal: Truck attempts to 'beat the train' across tracks, gets hit | News
LONGVIEW, TX (KLTV)- A train is blocking a roadway in Gregg County Wednesday morning.
The 18-wheeler collided with a train off of Loop 281 near FM 2087. The trailer of the 18-wheeler is smashed against the front of the train. The intersection of PR 2317 and FM 2087 is blocked.
According to the Fire Marshal, the driver of the truck thought that he could clear the tracks before the train reached the intersection. The cab of the truck did make it across the track, but the trailer did not.
Investigators are still on the scene. There were no injuries in this accident.
Copyright 2012 KLTV. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ranger cheerleader tryouts moved to Dec. 13 due to possible inclement weather
- E. Texas woman dead, two men injured after Kilgore crash
- College offices will be closed Nov. 27-29 for Thanksgiving holiday
- Teen dead, another critically injured after wreck
- Kilgore fire department to take over operation of golf course